Sydney Shocker

After a long week in Sydney, I finally have returned home but not with the feelings I thought I would. In a desperate attempt to make this seem as little like a diary entry as possible, I don't think it'll do much.
The last time I was in the beverly hills house and commission villa, I was a little 13 year old who acted way to mature for her age and thought she understood and was apart of all the bad things that occured in the area. The thing about NSW is there is a huge social stigma in schools that being the 'rebel' and 'hardcore' person is actually a good thing. In my lifetime, I have been to 4 schools in NSW and maybe the locations of each school were the determining factor of the environment but each school was as bad as the next and there is so much pressure to be rebellious.
The Department of Housing Villas that are situated on Mercury Street, Beverly Hills are definitely not the most nice and suitable place for children to reside.
I remember as a pre teen, I though I understood it all and this was because I was apart of it.
 I knew that there were drug dealers and meth labs in the commissions because I was friends with them all.
I knew that there were paedophiles there because I used to tease them.
I knew that there were people who probably should be in jail or have been in jail because I was one of them
and I knew that no one there had any chance of going anywhere good because that's just the reality.
However; upon returning in the good old year of 2012 at the age of 17, I learnt that it was way worse than I could have imagined.
I always knew that there were bad things going on in there but I didn't know the severity of it.
Now that I'm back in Melbourne and have had time to reflect, all I can think is 'Have I been over exaggerating all my issues and experiences from that time'
The reason I think this is because I always feel that I am so strong for getting out of there. I like to exaggerate my own accomplishments and this is one I frequently find myself exaggerating.
But maybe I had no right to because to me, it really wasn't that bad.

The question I am here to impose upon those of you who genuinely take an interest in these posts is to consider whether our experiences are relative.
cheers mate.