Train of thought

I've been catching public transport alone since i was in year 2 and that was simply to get from point a to point b. Now that I'm older, I seem to get more value out of a train trip than just a form of transportation. Train rides put me into a state of reflection and deep thought, so often now, I find myself just jumping on a train when I need some time to myself; because a $2 dollar met card is a lot cheaper than a psychologist.

I believe that staring out a window prompts a whole other train, that being a train of thought! However, not only do I learn most of life's lessons looking into the distance of nothingness, but also from the people on my train. Frequently, I find myself staring at the other 'commuters' trying to work out their story in an attempt to sort out mine. It's quite simple to put in your headphones whilst a slow song is playing and stare into the quick moving views which subsequently make you feel like you're in a movie.

I don't know if it's just me who gains such insight from train trips but I urge you to try it sometime that you need to reflect on something. Afterall, physically heading towards an unknown location can often lead to ending up in the right place mentally.