'Hey sis! wanna drive me to Echuca?' - 'as long as you don't drive me crazy!'

It's been a big week in the life of Sarah!
I started exams, turned 18, got my drivers license and on the second day of having that, drove to Echuca and back. For those who do not know how far that is, it's about 200 km each way and equals a total of about 7 hours of driving.

The reason for this extensive feat is all thanks to my step sister who lost her keys when camping out there over the long weekend. Subsequently, she had the leave the car up there (unlocked) and come back to Melbourne with her friends to pick up the spare keys and drive back up. So who better to ask than her 18 year old sister who has had her P's for 2 days? No one apparently! So we drove up together, i drove about 2.5 hours and she drove an hour. We pick up her car after quite a funny adventure. Cruising around the murray river banks in a small manual Echo, only to turn back to the main road 3 times as a result of thinking we had gone to far down the bank and then turn around again to try once more. Eventually, we made it to the car only to see a strange country hillbilly peeking through the drivers window of the unlocked station wagon. My sister, too scared to confront him, pushed me out the door and next thing I know, I'm standing there, hands on hips, asking him what he was doing. After establishing that he was not about to pull out his A-K 47, I walked up to him and discussed the situation. He stated he was 'getting the rego to call the coppas as there had been no movement on the campsite for a day' - Woah, such a terribly long time to set of a statewide search party down the River to find a dead body. So he left, my step sister packed the makeshift camp site up that was used to detract anyone from gaining any suspicion (like that worked) and we headed back home.

The purpose of stating such a terribly tedious, yet somewhat hilarious story is that on the way home, I, a two day probationary license holder was left to drive 3.5 hours and 200 km back to Melbourne, ALONE!
A long car trip provokes not just many speeding fines, which I'm sure I know have but also many thoughts. So as I drove in silence (because Echuca is just too far for any of the good radio stations to reach) it got me thinking about the good old stories we hear regarding hitting Kangaroos. My fav is the one about how you hit a kangaroo, it goes through your windshield, continues to 'kick' to try and get away and in turn, scratches half your face off. Such lovely thoughts when driving a 3 meter car through the eerie roads of Victoria.

The concept of this led to the concept of death. The fact that someone can just exist one day and be gone the next. Mind you, these thoughts were not just set on by road kill potential but also the TV show 'Long Island Medium' - possibly the best show out. It caused me to consider what happens when we die. I understand that TV is incredibly false but I think Theresa really convinces me that there is an after life where our spirits just chill. I can't say I've personally experienced anything of the sort, and not in the sense that I'm not dead so it's impossible but I mean experiencing someone I know who has passed. My father however, experienced his brother/my uncles presence on a daily basis. After he ran his car into a tree going 200 km an hour on purpose, Dad seemed to experience strange occurrences like his shredder at work turning on and off, his keys going missing when we both know where they definitely were and his radio randomly turning on to his brothers favourite song.

Because I am not an idiot, I do not believe in anything religious of the sort, I do however, believe that there may be an afterlife. And not in the religious terms as I just stated. I don't know what people believe, nor do I really care to be honest. Because I hate everyone. Most people, it's like arguing with a brick wall because as much as people hate to admit it, we're all stubborn in one way or another, some more than others. This doesn't change my opinion and it apparently doesn't change yours. I just believe that when we die, we all re-unite in the spiritual world, looking over our loved ones. This scares me a little bit. Does my Grandma see when I do things that she probably shouldn't be apart of, you know! those things!

Anyway, just because we all know what I was going at when I just said that, I have another quick story to tell.
On monday night, my friends and I were super bored and it was fairly late to do anything of value so we all decided to drive to the sex shop. After walking around for a while we found this weird arse vibrator that has beads inside which rotate. I mentioned to another friend that 'this would feel fucking weird' only the have the shop assistant/'sexpert' reply saying 'Trust me, it doesnt!'
We left in histerics after that.

so that's my random story
and random blog about the after life
hope you enjoyed
ily xoxo gossip god