Daddy Dearest

He never looks for praises
He's never one to boast
He just goes on quietly working
For those he loves the most
His dreams are seldom spoken
His wants are very few
And most of the time his worries
Will go unspoken too
He's there.... A firm foundation
Through all our storms of life
A sturdy hand to hold to
In times of stress and strife
A true friend we can turn to
When times are good or bad
One of our greatest blessings,
The man that we call Dad.
-silent strong dad; Karen Boyer

I have the greatest dad alive. I wouldn't ask for anyone better. I don't approve of his decision making in regards to his wife sometimes, just kidding, all the time, but my Dad is my rock and I love him


Absent parent is a title I like to give to my mum and my dad is far from that. He is away alot and it's been that way my whole life or at least as much as I can remember. I recall times in my childhood, early years; as in 4 or 5 when my brother was making me dinner, walking me to school and putting me to bed. I used to hate it with everything I had inside of me that it wasn't my only parent at the time that was doing these things for me but little did I know he actually was. He was working to provide the money to give me dinner, a bed to be tucked into and and opportunity to go to school. Not only was he working to give me those things but he was working to give those rights to workers all around the nation. I am a proud daughter for where he is and where he has brought me to today. I know he blames himself for alot of things that have occurred in my life and realistically, I will never be able to remove that guilt that isn't worthy of being laid on his shoulders.
Sometimes, it bothers me though. I think I hear his message bank on his phone more than his actual voice. I hear him talk to others more than he talks to me and I see him more on TV than I do in real life. I think it should bother me alot more but I know that he is helping so many people around the country and I'm happy that he devotes alot of his time to the people who need him most. I have gained independence and maturity from my relationship with him and I wouldn't want any other dad to be the one who taught me those things. 
On one side of the picture, I was stuck with pretty rough luck in regards to my mother
but my dad, well, he makes up for all the lost parenting. 

He taught me how to ride a bike and tie my laces too
he killed the little spiders that I thought were going to harm me
he took days of work when I was sick.
I remember his famous dish of powdered mash potatoes and meat pie + peas
He used to make me hot chocolate with homebrand powder and sugar and water with a little bit of milk
I learnt the concept of warm wheat bix from him.
My lunches were always made by him and my uniform washed
I've learnt all the basics from the most important person in my life and probably one of the very very few people I have no hate for.
I love my dad.