homesick

I recently moved out of home.
two weeks ago, today, infact!
Before I left, I was telling people that I was moving 4 hours away and all they kept saying was 'how brave I was' - and all I kept thinking was; 'It's not brave?'

Now I know exactly what they meant.
It was a pretty quick decision. I mean, I was always looking into moving out after school but once I started looking into it, I kind of realised that I would never be able to afford it.
So about 3 and a half weeks ago, I decided to apply for Nursing in Albury-Wodonga, that same day I was accepted and two days later I was up here looking for accomodation. Three days later, my lease application got accepted and within a week, I was in my new apartment. So I never really got much of a chance to think about what it's going to be like and what will happen.

I sort of had this theory that I'd move here, instantly make friends and I'd love it. But the reality is quite the opposite. I didn't know anyone when I came, and I still don't. I know it's only been 2 weeks, but you would think I would at least be in that stage of 'potential friends' with someone by now.

I always just told myself that I am really good with change and I will adapt easy. And honestly, I have adapted alot easier than the majority of people in my situation would have. My whole life has changed basically. I have a new job, a new house, a new town and a whole new school too. I know nobody here and it's all completely different from back in Melbourne. And I'm coping. Some times it's hard, really hard. and sometimes I am enjoying myself.

I didn't really know what I was in for when I decided to move, so now I'm here, I really do understand why everyone considered my decision to move as bravery.
It was pretty brave and I'm having to be strong everyday to try and overcome the overwhelming feelings of loneliness and homesickness.

I love my course, I love my house. But sometimes I wonder if I should have considered that I love my friends, my family and my old life even more. There are definitely times where I've regretted the decision to move. It's gotten easier with each passing day though!

The one thing I will never get used to, and thank god for that, is the way people speak here. The constant usage of the, I'm not going to say it's a word because that would offend the english language, but the term 'yous' and how most people say 'everythingk' and 'somethingk' - please learn how to talk properly.